spring

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

A Christmas Tradition

My first Christmas home from Georgia freshman year, I decided to have some friends over for a Christmas dinner and gift swap.  I have no idea why.  I guess I just thought it would be a fun way to get together and celebrate Christmas.  After all, I had just spent my first semester at UGA and I was extremely homesick that whole fall so any excuse for familiarity might have been the motivation.

I don't think any of us ever thought that night that we would continue this tradition, but here we are 13 years later.  When we started out, a few friends were still in high school, now marriage and children dominate the conversation.

Some friends have moved far away and are rarely in Tifton over Christmas.  Some friends have had parents move, so coming to Tifton over Christmas is out of the way.  However, we all look forward to it and even though some friends have missed years here and there, we always can look forward to seeing them next year.  

If we missed you this year, can't wait to see you on December 23, 2014!

2013














No comments:

Post a Comment