spring

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Throw Back Thursday

In 2007, my Mama, Grandmama, and Granddaddy drove to DC to see the sights.  I had never been to DC and since I was a flight attendant at the time, I could fly for free to meet them.  It was an amazing trip.  If you have never been to Washington DC, you must go!  I didn't realize they were all right there together.  Just seeing the monuments and all this history really makes one appreciate the country that we live in.  

Arlington National Cemetary 

Lincoln Memorial




My sweet grandparents at the WWII Monument

White House


My Mama and I also took a little tour of the Aerospace Museum.  There was an exhibit from the Smithsonian Museum of American history.  It was so fun!  Mama and I saw so many things from an All American Girls Baseball League uniform, Archie Bunker's chair, Louis Armstrong's trumpet, and of course, Judy Garland's ruby slippers from Wizard of Oz.  I LOVE Judy Garland (despite her sad life) and it was amazing to see these babies in real life!



No comments:

Post a Comment