spring

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

DIY High Chair Redo - Sand and Stain

I decided a while back I wanted a wooden high chair.  So then began the search.  A friend told me there was one at To the Moon in Tifton.  I didn't get it the first time I saw it (it was a little more than I wanted to spend).  Then they marked it down a little.  Still on the fence, I left it there.  After a bit I asked Mama to go get it for me.  It was in GREAT shape and sometimes you have to spend a little more to get exactly what you want.  It ended up, that Mama treated me!  Thanks Mia!

I did not like the color.  Yes, it would have been easier to just paint, but I really wanted to have a dark wood stained high chair.  I found this blog where she did the same thing.  She has the EXACT same high chair!

So let the sanding and stripping begin!  It was a TON of work sanding around those legs and back pieces.  And lets face it...everything is harder when you have very short windows of time to work on it (Bo really wanted to help but I didn't think a power sander and staining were skills he needed to master as a 9 month old).





This was the first time I have really sanded and stained on my own (without Jay's help) so there was a bit of a learning curve.  But I am SO glad I didn't give up and paint it.  I LOVE how it turned out.  I look forward to many meals being enjoyed in this!!


BEFORE
AFTER




2 comments: