spring

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Jay's Birthday and Weekend in Review

Happy Wednesday!  We had a BUSY weekend.  Jay's Birthday was Thursday.  The big 33!  We celebrated by going out to eat with Jay's parents at Dominick's, a fabulous italian place in Watkinsville.  (Not that any local Athens people read our blog, but if you do...you must try it!)




Friday, Kathryn Kimmel came over.  Jay went to the braves game as did Kathryn's husband.  We just hung out, played with Bo, and did a little project.  I had made one of these about a year ago, but the one I made was SO warped I have been meaning to have a redo. (Lesson learned...when buying wood always check to see if it warped or not).  Kathryn is due with her first child in December, so of course she needed one too!  It will be so fun to measure Bo as he grows!


Saturday the real fun began.  Jay's Aunt Joyce, cousin Jennifer and her husband and boys (Jason, Tyler, and Cameron) came to the lake.  So Jay and I headed down there first thing Saturday morning.  However, I had to make a "quick trip" to St. Simons for Jessica Baxter's wedding was Saturday evening.  So I left them and Bo and headed down to SSI.  Though it was a long drive, the wedding was BEAUTIFUL and I was so happy I was able to celebrate with her and Gant.  I also got a bonus visit with George and Dena since they graciously let me stay with them Saturday night.

Sunday, I headed back early and was able to enjoy the day with Jay's family.  I was a busy but fun weekend.  I wish I could have spent more time with them!  Can't wait til we see them again!  We headed back Monday and had a back porch swim party and dinner.  Looking forward to a good rest of the week!

Cotton and Bo are best friends!

Standing in his pack and play...trying to figure out how to get out of baby jail



Back in Athens...swimming on the porch!


We hope that he got at least SOME in his mouth :)

No comments:

Post a Comment